Robert Linn (aka Bob or Pappy) began building steel Roamer Boats beginning in 1946 and built a warehouse for the company on Ottawa Beach Rd. In 1955 Linn sold the Roamer Boat Company and improved the Ottawa Beach site which soon evolved into Bay Haven Marina. That same year he, along with several local businessmen, founded the Bay Haven Yacht Club. “Pappy” operated the marina with his sons David and Robert (known as Rick) for many years.
Today the property is locally owned and operated.